Access our tools and resources to learn from the experiences of other organisations that are responding to issues and challenges around tackling bullying and harassment in the workplace.
|Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
||Read how Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is building conflict competence to create positive working environments where conflict is addressed early and effectively and is less likely to result in staff feeling bullied.
|East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust's
||Find out how East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust's respecting each other campaign helped to tackle bullying across their organisation.
|Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
||Watch the Make or Break: Incivility in the workplace ESTH 2019 video of staff on their journey as they reflect how incivility affects all of us in the NHS and how that can impact patient safety.
|London Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
||London Ambulance Service trust explains its approach to tackling bullying in the workplace after being placed into special measures in 2015.
- The Professionalism and cultural transformation (PACT) toolkit aims to educate and empower staff to improve professionalism in the workplace.
- Emotional wellbeing toolkit has been developed with NHS staff to help bridge a gap in understanding. It enables users to talk openly and regularly about emotional health and to assess the impact emotional wellbeing has on ourselves, our colleagues and on our patients.
- The undermining toolkit is a Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) and Royal College of Midwives (RCM) initiative to address the challenge of undermining and bullying behaviour in maternity and gynaecology services.
- Working with care is a set of tools designed by the Royal College of Nursing to encourage health care staff to examine their interactions with colleagues, to enhance the positive interactions and to increase awareness of negative interactions, some of which can amount to bullying and harassment Royal College of Nursing.
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has designed a series of tools, in association with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and Investors in People. These tools allow managers to assess whether they have the behaviours identified as effective for preventing and reducing stress at work, and helps managers reflect on their behaviour and management style.
- The Headfirst Ambulance Toolkit is a great resource which is organised into themed sections to support mental wellness, resilience and recovery. Whether you’re looking for self care, to find out how you can support a colleague or wish to find out more for your organisation, the head first tool is a great place to start.
- NHS Choices reports how victims of childhood bullying have a higher risk of poor health, poverty and problems with social relationships in adulthood.