An effective recruitment and selection process ensures you attract the right people, saves time and helps to reduce turnover. Here we describe some simple steps employers can take to recruit individuals into your organisation.
- Ensure the advert and job description accurately describes the role, is non-discriminatory and is in line with your organisational values - visit our values based recruitment section to find out more.
- Make the job advert interesting - provide individuals with real insight into what the role entails and why they should choose your organisation.
- Use social media to promote your organisation and help attract fresh talent.
- Take time during the interview and selection process to understand the applicants values and help ensure these are aligned to the organisation.
- As soon as the individual accepts the position, plan a comprehensive induction programme to help them settle in - this helps the individual become efficient much more quickly and aids retention.
- Communicate with the successful applicant while waiting for pre-employment checks to take place, helping to manage their expectations and ensure processes are being completed timely.
- Regularly review your organisational recruitment processes to ensure they remain effective.