Those who employ nurses have much to think about. They face the challenge of supporting their existing and emerging talent while building a workforce that is capable and flexible enough to meet the UK’s changing healthcare needs.
Recent policy developments are driving a range of changes including:
- how the training for nurses is funded
- how nurses continue to learn and develop their careers
- how nurses are recruited, and where from
- how nursing teams are modelled
- how new roles, such as the nursing associate are helping to fill skills gaps.
With finite resources, these challenges can only be met by working effectively with local and national partners. Employers are having to think creatively about how to redesign and shape the workforce in order to respond to, and anticipate service needs.
NHS Employers has a range of information aimed at supporting you to continue to invest in, motivate and acknowledge your staff, enabling them to provide excellent patient care.