We have grouped our education and training resources by topic or theme including work-based learning, nursing and nursing associates, and a variety of apprenticeship topics.
Building placement capacity
In this two part series see steps to expanding placement capacity and employer approaches to building placement capacity.
- Strengthening nursing supply - Barking, Havering and Redbridge has introduced nursing associates and nurse degree apprentices to support staff development and retain staff.
- Routes into nursing infographic - explore the different routes into nursing including nursing degree apprenticeships, a nursing associate route, return to practice and international recruitment.
- New nursing standards infographic – covers the key changes to nursing standards of proficiency and education and training, including greater emphasis on leadership and multi-disciplinary working.
- Student finance explained - for those studying and looking to study a nursing degree our infographic shows the financial support available for student nurses and explains the repayment of these.
- Employers guide to nursing associates - everything you need to know about nursing associates, including what they can do, how to introduce them to your workforce, and employing and deploying them.
Routes into the NHS
- Routes into the NHS infographic - consider the variety of routes available to support your talent pipelines and workforce supply such as pre-employment programmes and T Levels.
- Building a team around the patient - Chesterfield Royal Hospital introduced a new workforce model that makes better use of the skills already available in teams and introduced trainee nursing associate and assistant practitioner roles to the teams.
- Workforce transformation using integration sprints - Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, the Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust and Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust worked in partnership to transform their workforce around a person-centred model by holding a series of multi-agency workshops across the county, known as ‘integration sprints’.
Collaborating on apprenticeships across regions
Collaborating on apprenticeships - Find out how STP and ICS regions have worked together to collaborate on apprenticeships and maximise the levy in their regions.
Apprenticeship levy transfer
Maximising the apprenticeship levy
Engaging the board
Higher and degree level apprenticeships