We have grouped our education and training resources by topic or theme including work-based learning, nursing and nursing associates, and a variety of apprenticeship topics.
- Strengthening nursing supply - case study looking at how Barking, Havering and Redbridge has introduced new roles and education routes to support staff development and increase skills, staff experience and retention.
- Routes into nursing - explore the different routes into nursing including via nursing degree apprenticeships, a nursing associate route, return to practice and international recruitment.
- New nursing standards – this infographic covers the key changes to nursing standards of proficiency and education and training, including greater emphasis on leadership and multi-disciplinary working.
- Employers guide to nursing associates - everything you need to know about nursing associates, including what they are, how to introduce them to your workforce, and employing and deploying them.
Training routes into the NHS
- Training routes into the NHS - review this infographic to consider the variety of training routes available to support your talent pipelines and workforce supply.
- Building a team around the patient - Chesterfield Royal Hospital introduced a new workforce model that makes better use of the skills already available in teams and introduced trainee nursing associate and assistant practitioner roles to the teams.
- Workforce transformation using integration sprints - Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, the Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust and Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust worked in partnership to transform their workforce around a person-centred model by holding a series of multi-agency workshops across the county, known as ‘integration sprints’.
Apprenticeship levy transfer
Maximising the apprenticeship levy
Engaging the board
Higher and degree level apprenticeships