We have published a number of handy resources for NHS organisations to prepare for the introduction of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018.
- GDPR factsheet. Produced in conjunction with Capsticks, national specialists in healthcare employment law. This factsheet includes a summary of the key changes, detail on data protection principles and acts as a reference guide to ensure employers are up to speed with the new regulations.
- GDPR frequently asked questions also produced with Capsticks. The FAQs feature an explanation of key GDPR terms, what should be included in a privacy notice, how long data should be kept on file and other key questions and tips.
- Section on data protection by the NHS European Office which outlines the legislative picture and includes links to useful documentation produced by the Information Governance Alliance (IGA).
- Briefing on managing personal data by the NHS European Office which provides background to the legislation, and a look at specific articles within it.
- GDPR and streamlining webinar which features Nicola Green, legal director at Capsticks. It includes a Q&A session, and explores documentation that streamlining teams may find useful to ensure they are GDPR compliant.