Reserves Day is taking place on 27 June this year as part of the Armed Forces Week celebrations in the run up to Armed Forces Day on 30 June.
Each year Reserves Day offers the opportunity for employers to publicly recognise and celebrate the contribution that reservists make to our country and the NHS. This year we will be releasing a series of blogs from reservists from within the NHS to demonstrate the experience and skills that military service provides and updating some of our resources.
There are many ways that employers can get involved to show their support for reservists in the workforce. Some ideas include:
- encourage your reservist staff to wear their military uniform to work for the day
- hold flag raising ceremonies
- host reservist breakfasts or lunches to thank them for their commitment
- take photos of your reservist colleagues with the #SaluteOurForces pose
- invite your local military units to hospital sites to promote the role of reservists
- join social media using the #SaluteOurForces and #ReservesDay tweeting photos of what you get up to
- use the employer toolkit resources to promote the campaign and your activity
- share articles from your reservist colleagues
- hold your own public event
- sign the Armed Forces Covenant in a public signing
- nominate your organisation for a bronze Employer Recognition Scheme award
You can download the Ministry of Defence’s employer toolkit to help promote the campaign and your organisations support, which includes posters, email and events banners and images for Twitter and Facebook.
Get in touch
We would love to hear about your plans to celebrate Reserves Day with your reservist colleagues to feature on our website, let us know what you are up to by emailing details to email@example.com.
Join the conversation on Twitter sharing your activity using #SaluteOurForces and #ReservesDay or tag us @NHSE_Gemma.