24 / 04 / 2017
Use our disclosure and barring service (DBS) check eligibility tool to determine whether or not an individual is eligible for a DBS check.
The resource will take you through a series of questions to determine the level of check that applies to a particular position, and has been designed to:
- help HR practitioners determine whether a DBS check is required for a particular post
- provide clarity on the level of check required
- help to speed up the recruitment process
- help HR practitioners comply legally
- signpost HR to further useful information.
You can find out more about DBS checks in the criminal record check standard
, including information on the legislative drivers and links to other useful resources.