NHS Employers diversity and inclusion team supports and showcases the latest developments, both within and outside of the NHS. Using the latest evidence based around equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) to stimulate action on the ground and seeking to change the focus of the debate from equality inputs, to proven business outcomes. In doing so, supporting NHS trusts to co-design services with diverse patients, people and communities.
Some of our priorities for 2019/20 include supporting organisations to:
- develop their capacity to manage diversity and inclusion through our national partners programme and alumni network
- work effectively with regional equality networks
- implement the NHS Workforce Disability Equality Standard
- recruit people with learning difficulties
- improve gender equality and the gender pay gap
- advance equality for LGBT staff and patients.
In addition, we co-ordinate annually a national Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Week and also Disability Summit to celebrate achievements, share learning and highlight the work organisations have undertaken to create a fairer, more inclusive NHS.