16 / 04 / 2020
Individuals that are actively contributing to the NHS Pension Scheme are entitled to death in membership benefits, including life assurance and family benefits. The scheme provides a lump sum and pension benefits to eligible dependants.
Access our briefing that outlines the current death in pensionable membership provisions under the NHS Pension Scheme. The briefing details the lump sum and family benefits that are payable on death in membership from the 1995 section, 2008 section and the 2015 scheme for:
- members in active membership
- members who have retired and are in receipt of their NHS pension benefits
- members with deferred pension benefits
- members with less than two years’ qualifying membership
- members who are eligible to re-join the scheme when returning to work in the NHS from retirement.