Our free online course, OD Essentials, is designed for HR professionals, learning and development staff, and anyone interested in finding out about organisational development (OD) in the NHS.
The course will also be useful to chief executives, board-level staff, and anyone involved in leading or shaping change.
OD supports people to transform systems by applying behavioural science to organisational issues.
On this course, you will:
- explore the origins of OD
- understand essential elements of OD theory and research
- learn the definitions and applications of OD in practice
- discover the role of OD in enhancing the effectiveness of systems through interventions that improve people’s ability to achieve shared goals
- understand the importance of the self in OD practice, and the impact of OD on the quality and safety of patient care.
Do OD is delivered by NHS Employers in partnership with the NHS Leadership Academy. OD Essentials is funded by the network of regional leadership academies.
We have had an unbelievably high response to this course, which means we have had to close applications for now while we work through our waiting list. To be informed of when applications open again, please sign up to our mailing list.
If you have any questions in the meantime, do contact us. We will be putting together an OD Essentials resource (a summary of the content of the course) before the end of the year and that will be available to download from this page.