Our free online course, OD Essentials, is designed for HR professionals, learning and development staff, and anyone interested in finding out about organisational development (OD) in the NHS.
The course will also be useful to chief executives, board-level staff, and anyone involved in leading or shaping change.
OD supports people to transform systems by applying behavioural science to organisational issues.
What the course covers
During the course you will:
- explore the origins of OD
- understand essential elements of OD theory and research
- learn the definitions and applications of OD in practice
- discover the role of OD in enhancing the effectiveness of systems through interventions that improve people’s ability to achieve shared goals
- understand the importance of the self in OD practice, and the impact of OD on the quality and safety of patient care.
The course is entirely online and you can complete it in your own time so there are no specific dates that you need to keep free.
You have five weeks to complete the course (although if you don’t quite finish, that’s fine, you still have access to all the materials!) and we estimate around six hours of study a week is needed.
We recognise that workloads and capacities are ever changing at the moment due to COVID-19 pressures, so please don't worry if you fall behind or need to take a break and defer to a later cohort - we are being as flexible as we can at this time.
Join a cohort
If you'd like to join a future cohort of learners, please email us and we'll get you signed up.
Do OD is delivered by NHS Employers in partnership with the NHS Leadership Academy. OD Essentials is funded by the network of regional leadership academies.