Next Widening Participation session
Virtual session - 12 December 2023
How to join
If you would like to join our network, please register using this sign up form.
Why you shoud join
Whether you already identify as an anchor employer, or are aspiring to anchor status, the network aims to support employers by providing a facilitated sharing and learning environment. Anchor organisations play a significant role locally, contributing to communities and local economies, helping the NHS support broader social and economic development.
The network presents an opportunity for health and care professionals to share details of their initiatives and learn from other systems. It offers support to those working at a system level, leading, or supporting with, anchor approaches, including:
- expanding entry level routes into health and care and creating pre-employment programmes
- reducing inequalities by providing employment opportunities to wider demographics and those furthest away from employment
- focused partnership working with non-NHS organisations to raise awareness of roles within healthcare
- improving the health and wellbeing of local residents through fair and equitable opportunities
- promoting sustainability of the workforce through widening participation, upskilling and career development.