NHS Employers and the Integrated Care Board Chief People Officers (ICB CPO) Network have published a joint response to the Department of Health and Social Care's (DHSC) call for evidence on the care workforce pathway for adult social care.
The DHSC's call for evidence on the care workforce pathway for adult social care ran for eight weeks and ended on 31 May 2023.
NHS Employers and the ICB CPO Network submitted a joint response, the key points of which are:
- the organisations welcome the plan and the focus on recognising the importance and value of adult social care and raising people awareness of it and the opportunities it provides
- there is a lack of clarity on whether the approach will lead to investment in training and support
- standardisation and the portability of education will provide benefits
- a need for a minimum rate of pay for care workers and recognition of skills and experience
- that a long-term workforce plan, integrated with healthcare, for social care is missing.
You can read the full response in this PDF.
Please also visit the GOV.UK website for the call for evidence asks.