NHS Employers and Capsticks
Capsticks are national specialists in healthcare employment law and the organisation has more than 30 years of experience in the health and social care sector, providing HR advisory and consultancy service. Capsticks has also worked with our HRD networks and NHS organisations to provide invaluable support on industrial action.
Capsticks can also provide support to trusts in relation to:
- mediation and problem solving
- preparation for CQC investigations
- outsourced HR and employee relations.
Who do Capsticks work with?
Capsticks’ core business is the provision of legal advice to the healthcare sector, working with national bodies including:
- Department of Health and Social Care
- NHS Resolution
- NHS Confederation
- NHS England and NHS Improvement
The firm also acts for over 200 NHS bodies; including clinical commissioning groups, mental health, acute and community trusts, and foundation trusts.
Capsticks Business Solutions (CBS)
- Capsticks Business Solutions has been created to compliment the legal service by bringing specific consultancy support and solutions to our clients’ business needs in a variety of ways. Working alongside the firm's lawyers, the CBS consultants help clients save money and run their organisations more effectively. CBS areas of work include:
- HR Advisory services to keep your team productive
- Leadership and organisational development
- Pre and post CQC inspection support
- Business case support for project development.
The Capsticks website gives you more details about the business and its people.
Capsticks, with NHS Employers, has produced a suite of resources designed to support the NHS workforce. See below for latest news, guidance, resources and any upcoming events.
COVID-19 workforce FAQs
Capsticks has collated a number of FAQs about COVID-19 pay and workforce issues
Conducting HR matters virtually
Watch the recording of Capsticks' webinar about conducting employment relations matters virtually and read their top tips.
Promoting attendance at work in 2021
Join Capsticks’ online discussion about the tricky topic of managing absence, where to promote attendance and what is and isn’t acceptable from a legislative perspective.
Submit your trade union facilities time data 2022/23
Reminder that the deadline to submit your facilities time data is 31 July 2023. Find out more and access links to the government portal.
25 May 2023
2023 pay and TCS advisory notice
Pay and terms and conditions advisory notices during 2023 for staff employed under the NHS terms and conditions of service.
2 May 2023