If you have the responsibility for health and wellbeing, reward and organisational culture in your organisation then this guide provides you with support to develop a robust approach to staff financial wellbeing.
In light of the rising cost of living crisis that hit the UK workforce in April 2022, financial wellbeing is now more important than ever. Using this guide can be a great way to help you to support staff who are struggling with their finances and those who are living in-work poverty.
Our guide will support you to understand:
- how to embed a strategy and get senior-level support
- the types of advice and information staff should be aware of
- how to support staff with positive interventions
- who to connect with internally and externally.
Any organisation can use this guide no matter what stage it might be at with a financial wellbeing plan.
Having financially healthy staff is important to your organisation as it could improve staff productivity, retention, sickness absence and performance.
It is important to your staff as it might enable them to save for the future, contribute to a pension or be free from financial stress.
Further useful resources
- Take a look at our in-work poverty and good employment web section for further information on how you can combat in-work poverty across your organisation,
- Visit the CIPD in-work poverty web pages for further information.
Find out how to support our NHS people experiencing stress: