Read advice on how to successfully implement job evaluation in your NHS organisation in these updates from the NHS Job Evaluation Group.
The NHS Staff Council's Job Evaluation Group (JEG) provides advice, information and training for employers on the implementation of the NHS job evaluation (JE) scheme. This page showcases advice and statements from the group.
8 January 2021 - JEG support and external panels
The NHS Staff Council Job Evaluation Group (JEG) has produced advice about support that JEG can offer when job evaluation processes break down, including advice on external panels. Please note that this advice document is primarily for England. For advice applicable to Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, employers should consult their respective job evaluation leads.
2 December 2020 - Advice for using template job descriptions
This document has been published to help employers when using a job description that has been developed and banded by another organisation.
July 2018 - Advice on NHS Integrated Urgent Care Career Framework
This statement is a reminder to employers of the need to ensure proper job evaluation processes are used when determining pay bands in this area.
July 2018 - Advice on nursing associate pilots
Understand what you need to know about the job evaluation aspects of the nursing associates pilot.
The Job Evaluation Group is jointly chaired by Debra Lomasney, Agenda for Change lead, NHS Wales Employers and Nicola Lee, Royal College of Nursing.
The group ensures the system is fit for purpose and provides ongoing national advice to organisations, to support local implementation of job evaluation.
The JEG representatives are listed below.
- Debra Lomasney (chair) - Agenda for Change Lead, NHS Wales Employers
- Lynne Khindria - Pay & Terms and Conditions Lead, Management Steering Group (NHS Scotland Employers)
- Sonia Pollock - National Project Officer (NHS Scotland Employers)
- Claire Surtees - HR Manager, NHS Blood and Transplant
- Salli Roddis - HR Strategic Business Partner, South, Central and West Commissioning Group
- Ann-Marie Walker - Head of Transactional Processing, Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Kay Gilbert - Independent Advisor, Equal Pay
Staff side representatives
- Nicola Lee (chair) - RCN National Officer, Royal College of Nursing
- Colin Poolman - RCN Senior Officer, Royal College of Nursing (Scotland)
- Denise Linay - RCM Head of Organising and Engagement, Royal College of Midwives
- Ann Fordham - RCM Regional Officer (South East England), Royal College of Midwives
- Louise Chinnery - UNISON National Officer, UNISON
- Martin Jackson - Chair of GMB National NHS Committee, GMB
- Pauline Kiely - Branch Secretary, GMB Union Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- Paul Smith - Staff side Secretary, James Paget University Hospital
- Penny Bromley - Senior Negotiating Officer, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Kevin McAdam - Unite Regional Officer for Health, Unite the Union Northern Ireland