12 / 05 / 2021
North East London NHS Foundation Trust needed to address the leadership teams’ accountability and commitment to the equality, diversity and inclusion agenda, their competencies and cultural awareness to work with diverse teams, as well as employing more people from under-represented groups.
The trust recognised the need to improve it's culture, by putting people first and took steps to engage with staff, through the development of staff networks and equality and diversity learning sessions.
- Developed an inclusive, accessible and bias-free recruitment process. Resulting in an increase of employees with protected characteristics.
- Improved staff survey scores on management, safety culture and staff experiences.
- Implemented an employee assistance programme to support their workforce.
- Developed staff network budgets for leadership and development programmes.
- Introduced a health passport to assist with the provision of workplace adjustments for employees with disabilities and long-term health conditions.
Read their case study to learn more.
Access our report about inclusive recruitment
for HR leaders and managers in the NHS.