Our second virtual workforce supply conference took place on Wednesday 7 September 2022, bringing together NHS professionals in HR, workforce, education and organisational development.
The wide range of sessions offered an opportunity to hear from across the NHS and wider health system. Speakers shared good practice and experience to help support supply and retention of our workforce.
The ideas shared are actions that organisations across the system are taking to meet commitments in the NHS People Plan and Levelling Up White Paper. They also including topic areas of growing your own workforce, inclusive recruitment, and developing skills to encourage employers to think about how you can apply these locally and the impact this could have.
We held 12 sessions with 36 speakers across the day, split into main stage and breakout sessions. Our speakers shared insights and experience on how they are supporting the workforce supply agenda, with sessions on:
- sharing apprenticeship's experience
- the UK labour market and using data to inform local recruitment strategies
- workforce redesign in the ambulance service
- flexible apprenticeships across an ICS
- levelling up as an anchor institution
- recruiting from your local community
- developing the non-clinical workforce
- city wide approach to T Levels
- recruitment initiatives to fill workforce vacancies
- staff development and retention
- young people and career engagement.
The Facilitation Partnership joined us to capture key highlights from the discussion in the form of a unique visual.
Download the visual and watch the making of the visual in the timelapse video below.
You can recap on the sessions by accessing videos from the day on the conference platform, if you would like access then email email@example.com.