The BMA and HCSA have announced further strike action dates in December and January for doctors in training.
BMA industrial action dates
The industrial action will be a full walkout for three days in December, and six days in January:
- 7am on Wednesday 20 December to 7am on Saturday 23 December
- 7am on Wednesday 3 January to 7am on Tuesday 9 January.
The newly announced dates follow the latest round of talks between government and the BMA.
HCSA industrial action dates
The industrial action will be a full walkout for 72 hours in December
- 7am on Wednesday 20 to 7am Saturday 23 December.
Updated 20 December: Members voted yes to strike action which extends HCSA junior doctors’ strike mandate until at least June.
This now means they will join the walks out in January.
- 7am on January 3 to 7am to January 9.
Industrial action resources
- Our industrial action web pages have FAQs and resources which are updated regularly.
- Access our industrial action planner that highlights the strike action dates.
Read the NHS Confederation's statement on this announcement.