What is consistency checking?
Consistency checking is a vital element of job evaluation. It is carried out on outcomes of the job matching or job evaluation processes and is designed to check outcomes against each other to avoid inconsistency and potential equal pay risk.
Virtual consistency checking course
Aims of the course
- To know how to carry out consistency checking of job matching or job evaluation outcomes.
- To know how to follow up any anomalies discovered when checking outcomes.
- To know how to complete the appropriate documentation.
Outcomes of the course
- Successful completion of this course will enable delegates to sit on consistency checking panels.
- Participants will not be qualified to train other individuals in job evaluation consistency checking. Only those approved by the NHS Staff Council Job Evaluation Group are qualified to deliver training in partnership.
How do I commission a course?
NHS Employers are in the process of developing a one-day virtual offer for the consistency checking course.
If you would like to express an interest in commissioning a virtual consistency checking course, please complete a request form.
How do I book onto a centralised course?
The centralised consistency checking offer is available for individual bookings or organisations that have fewer than 12 members of staff in need of training.
2024 virtual consistency checking course dates:
22 January 2024, 9:30am - 17:00pm - Sold out
Booking links for subsequent dates will be released in February
- 30 April 2024, 9:30am - 17:00pm - Sold out
- 8 July 2024, 9:30am - 17:00pm