Commission this training programme, which is designed for delegates who wish to train as members of job matching panels. All job evaluation practitioners should attend this course.
Job Evaluation training update (COVID-19) - July 2021
The Job Evaluation Group (JEG) has launched virtual job evaluation training for the delivery of commissioned training in 2021. This is in place of physical training, which cannot currently be commissioned safely during the current climate.
Please fill in our commissioning form and select virtual training.
In person training
Please fill in a commissioning form and your request will be added to the waiting list for job matching training in 2021.
What is job matching?
Job matching (JM) is the process by which jobs are matched against nationally evaluated job profiles, thereby avoiding the need for local evaluations. It uses local job descriptions, person specifications and additional written or verbal evidence. Most jobs can be matched to national job profiles.
Who is it designed for?
This training programme is designed for delegates who wish to train as members of job evaluation matching panels. It should only be delivered by accredited trainers.
Aims of the course
- To explore the underpinning principles of equality and equal pay in job evaluation
- To understand the effect of bias and different perceptions
- To learn about the NHS Agenda for Change Job Evaluation scheme and its structure
- To understand the JM process
- Participants will be qualified to sit on a job matching panel, made up of both staff and management representatives and asses the job information against that of national profiles.
- Participants will not be qualified to sit on an evaluation panel or act as a job analyst unless they have already completed the two day job analysis/evaluation course.
- Participants will not be qualified to train other individuals in job matching, only those approved by the NHS Staff Council Job Evaluation Group are qualified to deliver training in partnership.
Course commissioner information
Courses run from 9:30am to no later than 5pm each day, trainers will arrive between 8:30am-9am to set up. Training rooms to be booked 8:30am-5:30pm to allow for set up and break down.
Number of delegates per course
- Minimum of 10
- Maximum of 24
- Two-day job matching training £4,000+VAT
- Trainer expenses up to £1,000+VAT ( please note, costs only apply to face-to-face courses)
- External printing of course materials (if required). Please see below.*
- One main training room cabaret style – capacity 10-24 depending on delegates.
- One break out room cabaret style – capacity 5-12 depending on delegates.
- Flipchart and pens in each room.
- PC/laptop connected to screen/projector in main room.
All materials will be emailed in advance, to be printed by the commissioner.
* Printing capacity/costs (responsibility of the commissioner):
Due to the volume of course materials that require printing (approximately 450 pages per participant), you will need to ensure that your department has the capacity to print these materials or allow for approximately £280 for printing by an external company.
If you would like to commission a job matching course, please complete our online form.
Centrally run job matching courses
Individual places may be available on a centrally run Job Matching course, subject to demand.
However you should only enquire about individual places if:
- You require no more than 4 individual places.
- You have been unable to link in with another trust to join or commission a course. (We advise that you contact your relevant HRD network for more information on working in partnership to commission or to join a job evaluation course.)
If you need to attend a centrally run job matching course, please complete this form to request a place and be added to the waiting list. This course costs £200+VAT per delegate. Staff side and management side colleagues attending together in partnership are eligible for a discounted rate of £160+VAT per delegate.