Stage 1: Job matching course
What is job matching?
Job matching (JM) is the process by which jobs are matched against nationally evaluated job profiles, thereby avoiding the need for local evaluations. It uses local job descriptions, person specifications and additional written or verbal evidence.
Most jobs can be matched to national job profiles and should not require the development of new profiles unless there is an industry-wide shift in professional occupation.
Virtual job matching course
- To explore the underpinning principles of equality and equal pay in job evaluation.
- To understand the effect of bias and different perceptions.
- To learn about the NHS Agenda for Change Job Evaluation Scheme and its structure.
- To understand the job matching process.
- Participants will be qualified to sit on a job matching panel, made up of both staff and management representatives and asses the job information against that of national profiles.
- Participants will not be qualified to sit on an evaluation panel or act as a job analyst unless they have already completed the two-day job analysis/evaluation course.
- Participants will not be qualified to train other individuals in job matching, only those approved by the NHS Staff Council Job Evaluation Group are qualified to deliver training in partnership.
How do I commission a course?
NHS Employers currently provide a two-day virtual offer for job matching training.
To commission a virtual job matching course please complete a request form.
How do I book onto a centralised course?
The centralised job matching offer is available for individual bookings or organisations that have fewer than 12 members of staff in need of training.
The next available course dates are as follows:
Virtual job matching course - 24 - 25 April 2023 - Fully booked Virtual job matching course - 25 - 26 May 2023 - Fully booked Virtual job matching course - 19 - 20 June 2023 - Fully booked
Virtual job matching course - 13 - 14 July 2023
Virtual job matching course - 14 - 15 August 2023
Virtual job matching course - 21 - 22 September 2023
Virtual job matching course - 23 - 24 October 2023
Virtual job matching course - 16 - 17 November 2023