What is job analysis and job evaluation?
Local job evaluation is required when there is no national profile, due to the job being unique or significantly different or a match to a national profile has proved impossible. It involves a post holder completing a job analysis questionnaire (JAQ), working with job analysts and line management to ensure the JAQ contains all relevant information, which is then evaluated by a job evaluation panel.
Virtual job analysis and job evaluation course
- To know how to analyse and evaluated jobs using a JAQ.
- To be able to work with a partner.
- To know how bias can occur in job analysis and job evaluation.
- To be able to complete the appropriate documentation.
- Once successful training has taken place, participants will be qualified to be a job analyst or sit on a job evaluation panel made up of both management and staff representatives.
- Delegates will not be qualified to sit on a job matching panel unless they have already completed the two-day job matching course
- Participants will not be qualified to train other individuals in job analysis/evaluation. Only those approved by the NHS Staff Council Job Evaluation Group are qualified to deliver training in partnership.
Minimum of 12
Maximum of 16
We heavily advise that the course is completed in partnership i.e an equal weighting of management and staff side representation.
Two-day JAJE training £4,000+VAT
Additional printing costs for core materials, allow approximately £280 for printing by an external company.
The virtual job analysis and job evaluation course runs across two days from 9:30 to no later than 17:00 each day and is delivered via Zoom.
All participants must attend and actively participate on both training days to receive a certificate of completion.
Unfortunately, due to the density of the course content any time missed away from the session will result in a failure to pass the course.
Core course materials that require printing will be emailed in advance.
All course materials will be hosted virtually through a learning platform. However, we heavily advise that core materials are printed ahead of the course.
It is the responsibility of the commissioner to ensure that all necessary material is printed and distributed amongst the delegates ahead of the course.
How do I commission a course?
NHS Employers is in the process of releasing a two-day virtual offer for job analysis and job evaluation training.
If you would like to express an interest in commissioning a virtual JAJE course, please complete a request form.
How do I book onto a centralised course?
The centralised consistency checking offer is available for individual bookings or organisations that have fewer than 12 members of staff in need of training.
2024 virtual job analysis and job evaluation course dates:
- 7 - 8 March 2024, 9:30am - 17:00pm
- 17 - 18 October 2024, 9:30am - 17:00pm
- 12 - 13 November 2024, 9:30am - 17:00pm