Movember is a fun, international event taking place each November to raise awareness of men's health issues around mental health, suicide, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
There are lots of ways for both men and women to get involved and raise money for the campaign, which has funded more than 1,300 men's health projects globally.
Growing of moustaches is encouraged, but supporters can also set individual challenges, hold fundraising events and get togethers, or take part in the Move for mental health challenge, walking or running 60km in November to remember the 60 men globally who lose their life to suicide every hour.
Find out more about the Movember movement here.
We've pulled together the following resources to help support your workforce and raise awareness of this important campaign.
Men's health resources
- Movember 2023 - Further details about the campaign.
- Men's health guidance - Support for organisations to highlight men’s health and drive culture change to beat the stigma that surrounds the topic.
- Mental health in the workplace - Tools and resources to help you make improvements to mental wellbeing in the workplace.
- Suicide prevention and postvention - Information on the impact of suicide and how employers can support staff through preventative and postventative measures.
- Empowering staff to assess suicide risk in colleagues - Hear how University Hospitals of Northamptonshire NHS Group supported staff who were at serious risk of suicide.
- Health and wellbeing conversations - Ideas for what you may want to consider before starting a health and wellbeing conversation with your male colleagues.
- NHS employee suicide: a postvention toolkit to help manage the impact and provide support - Practical guidance to help NHS organisations manage the impact of an employee suicide on colleagues.
- Working together to prevent suicide in the NHS workforce - Toolkit to help NHS organisations embed suicide prevention strategies into their health and wellbeing policies.