NHS Employers works with employers and stakeholders to gather and represent employer views, influence national policy and provide information to employers regarding national changes to medical education and workforce supply.
These are some of our key priorities at present:
- Addressing the challenge of educational reset and recovery in the context of service recovery.
- National recruitment processes for doctors and dentists in training.
- The expansion of flexible working and flexible training for doctors and dentists.
- Support for the SAS workforce agenda, including the SAS charter and job planning.
- Working with Health Education England (HEE) and other stakeholders on the enhancing junior doctors’ working lives programme.
- Working with stakeholders on improving the medical foundation programme, including the implementation of the recommendations of the foundation programme review.
- Medical associate professions – frameworks and regulation.
- Developments relating to HEE’s advancing dental care review.
- Supporting stakeholders to consult on proposed curriculum changes.