The terms and conditions of service for Salaried Primary Care Dental Services are negotiated between NHS Employers and the British Dental Association. We are seeking additional employer representatives for this team. If you would like to get involved, please email email@example.com
The current terms and conditions have applied since 1 April 2008 to dentists in the NHS in England. The contract includes a structure for pay and career development which includes the following key elements:
- A single pay spine with three competency pay bands covering the following groups: dentists, senior dentists, specialist dentists and managerial dentists.
- Each pay band is split into six pay points and the dentist will need to demonstrate the competencies for the post to move through the band.
- The pay structure is supported by mandatory annual appraisals and job planning to support salaried dentists' career development.
Salaried dental FAQs
Our frequently asked questions document for salaried dentists includes information on:
- the appeals process
- indicative training allowance
- job planning and appraisal
- roles and competences
- service complexity
- terms and conditions