The partners programme supports participating health and social care organisations to progress and develop their equality performance and build an inclusive culture in the workplace over a period of 12 months. It is closely aligned to the Equality Delivery System (EDS2), NHS Long Term Plan and Interim People Plan.
The programme is delivered across four modules - standards, capacity, delivery and evaluation. It provides partners with detailed strategic policy support, the opportunity to undertake personal development and a forum to share good practice and network with fellow colleagues in the NHS, and other diversity and inclusion subject matter experts. The modules are held quarterly in the form of a one day event which bring together diversity and inclusion partners from across the country.
Find out which organisations are currently participating in the 2020/21 programme.
Who is it for and what are the benefits of being a partner?
The programme nurtures and guides board members, equality, HR, service improvement and organisational development leads to embed equality and diversity in their organisation where different beliefs, backgrounds, talents, capabilities and ways of living are celebrated. The benefits include:
- Advice, guidance and assistance from NHS Employers in meeting the minimum requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
- Opportunities to influence national policy direction.
- Increased profile of your organisation at network events, conferences and through the NHS Employers website and communications.
- Acting as a thermometer by which NHS Employers can determine the key issues facing the wider NHS, so that advice and guidance is relevant and up to date.
- Opportunities for partners to share advice, guidance and demonstrate good practice in equality and diversity management to the wider NHS.
- Free access to training, development, coaching and mentoring for the partner lead person on the use of the tools and techniques within the programme. The programme is CPD certified which means participants can claim up to 16 hours of CPD learning.
- Opportunities to discuss, network and test out new concepts within the safe environment of partner meetings.
What our partners say about the programme
Watch our short video and hear from current partners participating in the programme.
Read our partners brochure to find out more about the programme, if you have any questions please email the team at email@example.com.
Partners alumni programme
The partners alumni is a self‐managed network of past and present organisations that have been members of the diversity and inclusion partners programme. The aim of the partners alumni is to enhance the ability of leaders within the alumni to think more strategically about diversity and inclusion issues, and to use their learning in practical applications within the workplace.