This section provides information and guidance that will support managers in the NHS to positively respond to concerns raised.
Managers guidebook/Draw the line toolkit
Read our manager's guide for raising concerns for information on:
- Increasing staff awareness of how to raise a concern.
- The manager's role and responsibility when a concern is raised.
- Tips for handling concerns effectively.
- How to manage bullying and harassment issues.
- Looking after staff wellbeing and benefits of mediation.
- Effective staff engagement to drive improvements.
Additional useful references
Guidance for clinical managers
Raising and acting on concerns about patient safety - This GMC guidance explains how managers can respond to concerns effectively. It also covers how to raise concerns.
Responding to concerns: a guide for doctors who manage staff - This BMA guidance aims to help managers of other healthcare professionals better manage concerns raised to them.