The long running and hugely successful Personal, Fair and Diverse (PFD) campaign has around 5000 champions across organisations in the NHS.
If you are passionate about an NHS with patients at its heart, care about working in an NHS which is fair and accessible to all, and believe that diverse workplaces make organisations better, you should join our PFD champions network.
What is a personal, fair and diverse NHS?
A personal, fair and diverse NHS is one where:
- everyone counts
- services are personal, designed to give patients what they want and need
- fairness is built in so that everyone has equal opportunities and treatment
- the skills and experiences of employees from all backgrounds are used and valued
- people can choose the services they want and have as much support as they need
- everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and when they complain - we listen and put things right
- talent flourishes and nothing stops people going as far as they want
- we are accountable and patients are informed and have more control
- care doesn't stop at the door, but helps people live healthier lives.
What could this mean in practice?
Here's some of the things you could do to support a personal, fair and diverse NHS:
- join the PFD Facebook group, and use Twitter #PFDChamps and other channels to share and spread good practice
- learn more about the equality act and develop your work to encourage positive steps to eliminate prejudice and discrimination
- be proactive and let your organisation know when you see things that don't feel right, see something, say something
- talk to your colleagues about how your team can support a personal, fair and diverse NHS
- support your organisation to deliver more inclusive services and workplace environments
- recognise and acknowledge those people who make a difference and go that extra mile
- raise your voice for others who find it difficult to make themselves heard
- think about the little things you can do in your day-to-day role to put patients first and to ensure that everyone has equal opportunities and treatment
- share feedback from patients about how to improve services or make them more inclusive.
How to get involved
Join our Facebook group which is a closed group bringing PFD champions together to discuss PFD related work in a safe environment with like minded colleagues. Our group only has PFD champions in it so you can feel comfortable having conversations, raising issues, celebrating achievements and sharing stories from your trust.
To join, please go to our closed Facebook group.
To help you promote a personal, fair and diverse organisation, you can use the logo on your website, in newsletters and in your social media communications. If you are interested in ordering our PFD badges, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share the details of the supplier.
Take a look at how South Essex Partnership University NHS Trust have benefited from the PFD campaign, and the steps they have taken towards making their trust more personal, fair and diverse.
For the latest news and updates you can follow @NHSE_diversity and join the conversation using #PFDChamps. If you want to know more about our PFD champions take a look at the frequently asked questions or contact the team at email@example.com.