A suite of resources and webinar recordings have been developed to prepare and support NHS trusts and foundation trusts with the implementation of the NHS Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
The following resources were updated in July 2020:
- the ten WDES metrics - detailing the specifics of each metric which covers areas such as the board, recruitment, bullying and harassment, engagement and the voices of disabled staff
- technical guidance - which provides details of the metrics, reporting and policy context
- a quick guide to implementation - including key actions from preparation and reporting, to action planning and implementation
- factsheet - providing key information on what the WDES is, why it has been created, who needs to report and the timetable.
- WDES annual report guide and template - a guide to developing your organisations WDES annual report and template document.
Additional guidance includes:
WDES share and learn webinars
Over the last year we have hosted jointly with NHS England and NHS Improvement a series of share and learn webinars to help provide further support with the implementation of the WDES.
The webinar recordings can be accessed below.
More detailed information on the WDES reporting timelines for this year can be found on our WDES web page.
Should you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.